Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2001/10/05 17:55:23 UTC

XSP Processing with Logic

I'm creating a logicsheet which I'm going to use to send email.  An example
of the usage is:

<email:sendEmail>
<to>whoever@blah.com</to>
<subject>Doh!</subject>
<message>Quantity is <xsp:expr>quantity</xsp:expr></message>
</email:sendEmail>

I've got everything working fine except for getting the xsp tags working
within the message.  Is there a way I can process what's inside the
<message> tag but not display it to the web?  Does that make any sense?
Basically, in the logicsheet that processes this I'm doing a:

<xsp:logic>
    String to = "<xsl:value-of select="to"/>";
    String from = "<xsl:value-of select="from"/>";
    String subject = "<xsl:value-of select="subject"/>";
    String message = "<xsl:value-of select="message"/>";
    ... then use javamail to process and send an email message
</xsp:logic>

I see that xsl:value-of returns a string representation or something - but
is there a way I can process the xsp tags inside the message and set a
string to the result?  Or something similar to accomplish what I'm trying to
do?

Thanks,

- Brent