Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Arieh Markel <Ar...@central.sun.com> on 2000/10/12 16:10:50 UTC

Question about relative paths/SSL configuration

In my embedding of tomcat, I have so far not taken advantage
of relative paths.

My main question is the following:

. are relative paths (in a server.xml, for example) relative to the
  'tomcat.home' or relative to the working directory ?

An example of the use I want to make, is the ability to specify the
ssl keystore on the server.xml file, and to (optimally) define relative
to that 'tomcat.home' value.

The code on SSLSocketFactory does not take advantage of the 'tomcat.home'
to define the default keystore, but of 'user.home'.

I would presume, to allow instantiation of multiple different servers
with the same 'tomcat.home' but with different keys.

Am I right ?

If that is not the case, wouldn't it be preferable that the default keystore
be on a path relative to 'tomcat.home' ?

Thanks,

Arieh

Re: Question about relative paths/SSL configuration

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
> The code on SSLSocketFactory does not take advantage of the 'tomcat.home'

> to define the default keystore, but of 'user.home'.
>
> I would presume, to allow instantiation of multiple different servers
> with the same 'tomcat.home' but with different keys.
>
> Am I right ?

Another reason is that J2EE 1.2.1 used user.home and we just used the
same.

> If that is not the case, wouldn't it be preferable that the default keystore
> be on a path relative to 'tomcat.home' ?

+1 ( or at least search in both places )

Costin