Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "Ortiz, Angel (GE Capital, Non-GE)" <an...@ge.com> on 2010/11/03 19:27:15 UTC

Problem with processes versioning

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with versioning. I had this process with some few
instances and then I had to install a new version because I changed
something in the flow. The deployment was fine, the new version was
installed. But when I try to update any of the instances being hold by
the original version it throws an exception:

org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.InvalidProcessException: The process
{http://com.my.company/bpel/MyProcess}MyProcess-2 is not available
anymore.
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.getReplacementMap(BpelProcess.jav
a:735)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.<init>(BpelRuntimeCont
extImpl.java:133)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.createRuntimeContext(BpelProcess.
java:773)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.PartnerLinkMyRoleImpl.invokeInstance(PartnerL
inkMyRoleImpl.java:219)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.invokeProcess(BpelProcess.java:24
1)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.handleWorkEvent(BpelProcess.java:
408)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.sendMyRoleFault(BpelEngineImpl
.java:702)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelEngineImpl.
java:449)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelServerImpl.
java:441)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler
.java:411)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler
.java:405)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleSc
heduler.java:218)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.j
ava:404)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.j
ava:401)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
r.java:885)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
va:907)

The most strange thing is that it complains about the most recent
process version (2) not being available. However the instance does not
belong to this version but to version 1.

Any ideas?

My ODE version details:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Buildr
Build-By: alexis
Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_17
Implementation-Title: Apache ODE
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Version: 1.3.2

Angel Ortiz

RE: Problem with processes versioning

Posted by "Ortiz, Angel (GE Capital, Non-GE)" <an...@ge.com>.
BTW,

I can see both of my versions running. Here are the details:

{http://com.my.company/bpel/MyProcess}MyProcess-2
Process Summary
Deploy Date:	2010-10-29T13:29:39.032-05:00	Status:	ACTIVE	Version:
2
Instance Summary
Active:	1	Terminated:	0	Completed:	0	Error:
0	Failed:	0	Suspended:	0

{http://com.my.company/bpel/MyProcess}MyProcess-1
Process Summary
Deploy Date:	2010-10-28T16:46:29.071-05:00	Status:	ACTIVE	Version:
1
Instance Summary
Active:	7	Terminated:	0	Completed:	2	Error:
0	Failed:	0	Suspended:	0

Thanks

Posted by "Ortiz, Angel (GE Capital, Non-GE)" <an...@ge.com>.
Hi Jeff,

I know version 1.3.4 solves many bugs. Unfortunately I should stick to
this version because I have it in production already.
Is there a bug related to this issue I can look at?

Regards,
Angel Ortiz

could you please try to test this by using ODE 1.3.4? from your info,
you are using ODE 1.3.2.

Regards
Jeff

--