Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2011/11/26 00:32:03 UTC

discussion: be able to add tags

Hi All,

We have the need to be able to add pre-approved tags to products,
content and workeffort.

We have a similar function already in the system with keywords. However
this is not pre-approved and less formal. I think we still can use this
function as long as we can distinguish the tags and the keywords.

There fore I would like to propose to add a field to the keyword
entities: 'keywordType' with initially the type 'Tag' and empty or
'keyword' for the current function.

The keywordType itself and the tags can be defined in the entity
Enumeration.

Your opinions please?

Regards,
Hans

Re: discussion: be able to add tags

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
This change implemented in revision Committed revision 1222544.

we also added a status field to be able to have tags approved

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Nov 29, 2011, at 7:39 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:

>> My guess is that you are implementing a backend workflow to approve products/contents/workefforts before they are allowed to be sold/published/used in production.
>
> Then i explained myself badly. The approval of the tags is important, not the approval of the products content or workeffort. Tags are intended to be used for grouping and selection only, like keywords but more organized and be able to improve searching combining the 2 possibilities.

Ah I see now, I actually misunderstood your initial mail: so in this context "pre-approval" means a "pre-defined" list of tags that can be selected, for example from a drop down field.
If my understanding is right then yes, I think that what you proposed is a good solution: adding a new enumeration type (or entity like KeywordType) and then a new field to the various *Keyword entities you want to extend. If the field is null or equals to "KEYWORD" (or similar) then the system treats the record as it currently does; if the field is set to the new type then your new logic is used.

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Re: discussion: be able to add tags

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.