Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Yearsley <ch...@xicon.com> on 2000/10/12 15:29:59 UTC

Servlet-friendly ISPs - be careful of 'cwihosting.com'

I've recently signed up personally with www.cwihosting.com on the
strength of their claim to offer servlet hosting running on Tomcat. So
far I can't see any evidence of servlet support, and the $5 / month they
charged me for servlets has allowed JSPs - but no more. EMail to support
had been ignored.

Does anyone here host servlets with cwi? I'd be very grateful if someone
would explain how to set things up. I have reasonable-sized apps I've
written at work running under Tomcat no problems, but as I set up that
server myself I know where things go!

Has anyone else here used them for anything?

--
Chris Yearsley
chris.yearsley@xicon.com

jsp file showing file not found

Posted by Peter Choe <ch...@mindspring.com>.
i am running apache 3.1.11 on one server (www) and have all request for JSP
going to another server, using tomcat 3.2 beta 4, i think (w7).  both are
running on FreeBSD 3.4.

i have some jsps that are already working, and i didn't have to add anything
to the server.xml file to have the jsp mapped correctly.

i have one jsp folder called directory, and i just wrote a new
webapplication called roster.

if i do www/directory/index.jsp, i get the appropriate page, but when i do
www/roster/index.jsp, i get a file not found on server error.  but when i do
w7:8080/roster/index.jsp i get the right file.

is there something that i need to configure?  is there any special
configuration i need to do on web.xml or any other files?

peter choe