Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar> on 2001/04/16 15:59:24 UTC

Tutorial about cookies and sessions

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know where to find information about cookies and sessions to
work in security and access restrictions?

any info will be appreciated!

thanks.

Lic. Martin O. Mauri
Profesion + Auge A.F.J.P
Parana 666 - Cap. Federal
mmauri@profesi.com.ar
www.profesi.com.ar

Re: Tutorial about cookies and sessions

Posted by Sam Newman <sa...@stamplets.com>.
> Hi everybody,
>
> Does anyone know where to find information about cookies and sessions to
> work in security and access restrictions?
>
> any info will be appreciated!
>
> thanks.
>
> Lic. Martin O. Mauri

If you can afford it, I'd consider getting the O'Reilly servlet programming
book - the new edition should be out any day now. The java tutorial at sun
does have an example of session tracking, although I think this code is now
out of date against the current spec. Go to http://java.sun.com and do a
search for the duke bookstore (its example of an e-commerce app) or servlet
tutorial.

sam