Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2021/11/16 15:46:13 UTC

EntityNameRole (was re: PartyNameRole)

Hi Jacques, All,

My apologies. I should have pulled it out of the originating thread. Doing
so now.

See inline.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)
Proud contributor to the ASF since 2006

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 3:48 PM Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> You missed the relation with PartyRole that all have (but PartyRole of
> course). I believe this relation, or rather the PKs in it, is the crux of
> the
> problem, as David suggested long ago.

As the necessity to having a relation to PartyRole for other EntityNameRole
definitions is a topic of discussion in the other thread (as it was back
then), I chose to leave it out for now. As soon as a consensus has been
reached regarding that topic it can be included in the page.

> The rest sounds good to me. We need to understand is why 15(!) other
> EntityNameRoles  don't comply with rules 5 and 7.
> I hope it's only a miss and not something functional. It's maybe not a
> problem, and we could try to add them once we are sure that removing PKs in
> relation from other EntityNameRoles works.

I presume, that the contributor who contributed the entity definition
either:

   1. started from scratch (without knowing about another contributor's
   commits that are similar)
   2. took the PartyRole entity as inspiration, copy-pasted it and adjusted
   to his/her/them needs, without researching whether similar EntityNameRole
   definitions existed
   3. didn't see the need to include fromDate and thruDate

Or maybe all of the above, if that is possible.
Aspect #1 would explain why some don't comply with rule #2.