Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Andi Abes <aa...@progress.com> on 2009/03/19 02:33:54 UTC

Hibernate / Oracle + Load testing - maximum number of sessions

Any thoughts?

The funny thing about this test is that I've successfully run 100
clients with 1 message each. Then tried 100 clients with 5 messages
each. This second scenario caused a slew of these...

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Error while processing transaction,
retrying.

org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.Scheduler$JobProcessorException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCExcept

ion: could not get next sequence value

with ultimate cause of:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive
SQL level 1

ORA-00018: maximum number of sessions exceeded

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:11
2)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:288)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:745)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.jav
a:216)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatem
ent.java:966)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.
java:1062)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CPrepared
Statement.java:850)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.
java:1134)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePrepare
dStatement.java:3339)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedSt
atement.java:3384)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(Del
egatingPreparedStatement.java:93)

        at
org.hibernate.id.SequenceGenerator.generate(SequenceGenerator.java:75)

        ... 38 more

Any thoughts?

Re: Hibernate / Oracle + Load testing - maximum number of sessions

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Looks like you're running out of JDBC connections...  You should consider
capping the number of threads (in Ode and in the appserver) and/or
increasing the max. number of JDBC connections.

alex

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--