Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sam Warren <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2013/04/15 19:47:35 UTC

Printing on only the right pages of a book

How can I format a book with the text only on the right hand pages?

Thanks ☼ Sam

________________________________
Sam Warren sam@Bookwarren.com
Bookwarren Publishing Services
3922 Eighth Ave., Studio 1, San Diego, CA 92103
www.Bookwarren.com  |  Cell: (619) 674-3066

Re: Printing on only the right pages of a book

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:47:35 -0700 (PDT)
Sam Warren <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How can I format a book with the text only on the right hand pages?

Use Page Style Right Page, modified on its Organiser tab (via /Format /Styles and Formatting) to have subsequent style Right Page.  Also, in /Tools /Options OpenOffice.org Write : Print, check Print automatically inserted blank pages, to cause it to print the blank left pages.
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Printing on only the right pages of a book

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 10:47 15/04/2013 -0700, Sam Warren wrote:
>How can I format a book with the text only on the right hand pages?

Print single-sided.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Printing on only the right pages of a book

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:47:35 -0700 (PDT)
Sam Warren <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How can I format a book with the text only on the right hand pages?

An alternate way, which might suit depending on many things, is to print to a landscape page with a lefthand margin set to more than half the page width (half + whatever margin you wish on the other half page).  Again, set your styles properly, via /Format /Styles and Formnatting) - see the Help file for detailed information on this.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>