Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2005/01/10 18:01:59 UTC

Defaults for tag name and version for maven-scm-plugin?

Hi all,

Just getting back into working with Maven after extended vacation.  Hope
this is right for maven-dev versus scm-dev.  I am trying to pass
defaults into the scm:prepare-release goal for tagging the code.  I
notice the jelly code looks like this:

    <i:ask
      question="What is the new tag name?"
      answer="tag_name"
      default="${tag_name}"
    />
    <i:ask
      question="What is the new version?"
      answer="version_name"
      default="${tag_name}"
    />

Should the default for the version_name be ${version_name} instead of
${tag_name}?  I have a small bit of code that just takes a 1.6-dev and
makes it 1.6, and 1.6 becomes 1.7-dev so that I don't have to type this
version information in.  Unfortutnantly, the default for version_name
isn't being picked up.

I can make the change, just wanted to run it by first.

Eric

RE: Defaults for tag name and version for maven-scm-plugin?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I will definitly take a look at the patch, and start testing the
scm-1.5-branch version.  I think the branch you meant is here?:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-1/plugins/branches/scm-1.5-
branch/

This will give me a chance to get back into the swing of things and get
SVN properly working.

Eric

sounds good, though I've pretty much rewritten all the goals so it'd be
better to implement it here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-1/plugins/branches/scm-1.5-
plugin

I think this is similar: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPSCM-39

Would you like to review that patch also?

Thanks,
Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-1/plugins/branches/scm-1.5-plugin