Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2018/06/09 03:22:58 UTC

Incubator board report

Hi,

I’m a little behind on sorting out my first incubator board report and I’m just abut to hop on several planes and trains (30+ hours travel) to get to a conference.

I can see we have a bit to report this month, with a number of releases and a number of new projects coming into the incubator and a couple of issues with existing existing project that the board needs to know about (but are being dealt with).

I will able to get to it on Sunday / Monday so it will still be done before the board meeting. Before then if anyone thinks there something that need to be mentioned in the report just add it to this thread.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Incubator board report

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
HI,

> Could you elaborate on that a bit more?  Note that since the incubator
> report is public, discussing issues that may have come up on the private
> list could be a bit awkward.

Which is why i didn’t elaborate on it here. That info would go into a private section.

> There's 6 podlings who have not reported.  Some of them are repeat
> offenders.  If you don't get to it before then, in my morning I'll drop a
> note to them reminding them about their board report responsibilities.

If you could that would be a great help.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Incubator board report

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 11:23 PM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m a little behind on sorting out my first incubator board report and I’m
> just abut to hop on several planes and trains (30+ hours travel) to get to
> a conference.
>
> I can see we have a bit to report this month, with a number of releases
> and a number of new projects coming into the incubator and a couple of
> issues with existing existing project that the board needs to know about
> (but are being dealt with).

Could you elaborate on that a bit more?  Note that since the incubator
report is public, discussing issues that may have come up on the private
list could be a bit awkward.

> I will able to get to it on Sunday / Monday so it will still be done
> before the board meeting. Before then if anyone thinks there something that
> need to be mentioned in the report just add it to this thread.

There's 6 podlings who have not reported.  Some of them are repeat
offenders.  If you don't get to it before then, in my morning I'll drop a
note to them reminding them about their board report responsibilities.

There's others that are still missing sign off.  That's OK because mentors
have until Tuesday next week to do that.