Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it> on 2018/03/30 12:05:32 UTC

Scheduled jobs weird behavior

Hi all,

I write because I am facing strange behaviors with scheduled jobs and I am
running out of ideas about causes.

I have a two instances configuration of ofbiz running on two different
servers (hosted by a third party company); they handle two eCommerce site
on a multi-tenant environment.
OFBiz requests are served via an Apache Server that redirects them to one
of the two instances with a load balancer.
OFBiz version is 13.07.03.

The problem is this.

I have a service "exportOrders" the must run three times a day, in fixed
times (ex: 7, 11, 14), so I scheduled three different jobs, one for each
runtime (so job names will be something like : "ServiceName 0700",
"ServiceName 1100", "ServiceName 1400") that run the same service.
In short, the service reads ecommerce orders data, creates four text files
and zip them.
The result zip file is written in a "history" directory on the server and
then sent via ftp to a logistic company server.
To know if a certain order has been processed by this service, I added a
field "isExported" (type indicator) on OrderHeader entity, that is set to
"Y" at the end of the "exportOrders".
Within this service I also write a simple text file that logs operations
made for each execution of it (the file name is always different).

Now, here is the issue; sometimes (runtime in which happen seems random), I
notice that:
- the service in the Job List screen, has the state of "Finished" (no
errors);
- No log file nor zip file is written;
- the flag on the OrderHeader entity has been set to "Y" (by default is
null this field);
- no error or exception found in ofbiz/error log files;

The Job Poller on the second instance of ofbiz is disabled
("poll-enable=false" in serviceengine.xml), so that all the scheduled jobs
are run only on the first instance.

I am quite confused by this situation and I really don't know what and
where to look, to understand what happens.

Does anyone ever experienced a similar issue?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Giulio

--
Giulio Speri

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Antonio Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 334/3779851 <(334)%20377-9851>

www.mpstyle.it

Re: Scheduled jobs weird behavior

Posted by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it>.
Hi Nicolas,

really interesting your solution to have ftp data persisted into the db; it
improves tracking and debugging of the transfers, for sure.
As first step I think that I'll try to tidy up and improve the code of the
service (specially the ftp part), with your previous suggestions and see if
the problem comes to a solution.
If not, I will head for the "db persistency solution".
I'll keep you informed on this.

Thank you all for your help!

Have a good day,
Giulio

--
Giulio Speri

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Antonio Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 334/3779851

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Giulio,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Giulio,

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Giulio,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Giulio,

Posted by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it>.
Hi Rishi,

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Giulio,

Posted by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it>.
Hi Nicolas,

thanks for your quick answer.

The service is written in Groovy: this could lead to problems with
exceptions raising?
Do you suggest a Java solution to better manage exceptions?
Since I am one of the developer of the service I can directly work on the
code :) .

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Giulio,