Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Saurabh Sehgal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 03:25:44 UTC

namenode failures

Hi,

I am looking into HBase and would like to know if there are any best
practices for recovering from namenode failures.

I found this while doing some research online:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/NameNodeFailover

, but I would also like to hear opinions from the HBase community.

Is configuring an NFS mount the only option to reliably recover from a
namenode failure ?

Thank you,

Saurabh

Re: namenode failures