Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/02 01:00:43 UTC

Emulation Components, Examples, Docs

Hi Folks,

I've been slowly getting various emulation components to work.  More help is needed here.

It occurred to me that a more complex use case would be helpful, so I decided to try migrating the Tour De Flex application.  The released Tour De Flex uses SWFLoader and sub-applications which are not used in the two API Reports we've received, so I made a copy of Tour De Flex and replaced SWFLoader and sub-Applications with ModuleLoader and Modules.  The working Flex version (built by the Flex SDK) is in the flex-examples repo.

I took that code and copied it into the feature/MXRoyale branch.  It exposed several compiler issues which I've fixed, and some missing APIs and other minor cleanup which I've just pushed to that branch.  But now, the main shell (3 MXML files) and the Welcome example compile.  Next step is to get them to run, then start working on other examples.

Volunteers would be helpful to try to provide better written documentation of the steps I've taken in the migration.  If you run "git log -- examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules" you will see the changes I've had to make to the app (and skip changes to the framework).  I've tried to leave useful comments on those commits.  It would save me much time if someone would try to turn that into written doc so I can focus on getting the code to actually run.  And later, to look reasonable.

Other volunteers would be helpful to try to migrate other examples in Tour De Flex and get them to run.

Because Tour De Flex doesn't really use any 3rd party libraries, I was able to get the first four MXML files to compile cleanly in relatively few commits and if it weren't for me having to stop and fix compiler and framework issues, that milestone would have been reached in a matter of an hour or two.

Anyway, please help if you can.

Later,
-Alex

Re: Emulation Components, Examples, Docs

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the work on this. I hope folks step up to the plate here.

Personally, I’m struggling to get my head above water after summer vacation right now…

Harbs

Posted by Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net>.
Hi Alex,
good progress!

Just for your information:
I noticed the same behavior as Carlos:
The browser freezes after clicking a leaf within the tree.
I tested the latest Firefox, Chrome and IE11 version on Windows7.

Thanks,
Olaf

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Emulation Components, Examples, Docs

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

amazing work! The main screen looks almost the Flex one :)

Maybe you can put something int the title to let people know that is a Tour
de Flex compiled with Apache Royale, since now, only clicking right mouse
button will people  know that is only HTML version ;)

About the example, I found that reaching a leaf branch in the tree makes
some javascript freeze the browser (I tryed in Safari and Chrome), so maybe
some infinite loop is happening at this time?

Anyway great progress. Congratulations to all of you working in that
branch! :)