Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Eric Woods <wo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/10 17:50:27 UTC

Dynamic Extensions Supported

All,

I've implemented support for dynamic, arbitrary extensions for Shindig's REST API.  I consider this to be a much-needed improvement, as fields do not need to be explicitly predefined/hardcoded/maintained on Shindig's back-end to be handled by Shindig's REST API.  I've submitted a patch to JIRA which enables dynamic extensions for Activity Streams:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1547.  To add extension support to other data models, simply extend ExtendableBean.  Check the JIRA for more detail.

Thanks,
Eric W.