Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Serg Mazurok <sm...@yukon.cv.ua> on 2007/11/05 18:13:15 UTC

Jasper plugin. Passing additional parameter

Could someone provide the example how to pass parameters from Struts2
action to Jasper report?

I have created simple Jasper report based on Struts tutorial. Then I had
modified this example in order to use parameter within Jasper report.
Jasper report JRXML file:
/    <parameter name="test" isForPrompting="true" class="java.lang.String"/>
/Action:
/        public String getTest(){
            return "test";
        }/

But this solution doesn't work. On the report I got 'null' instead of
parameter value.
Could someone give me the point what's wrong with this example?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards

--
Serg

Re: Jasper plugin. Passing additional parameter

Posted by Tom Schneider <sc...@gmail.com>.
Serg,
I'm not an expert at jasper reports, but I think parameters are pulled from
the datasource.  In that case, the jasper report result wraps the
datasources in a ValueStackDataSource. (a class located in the jasper
reports plugin)  I would set a few breakpoints in there to see why the
jasper plugin isn't finding the parameter.
Tom

Posted by Manjesh Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>.
have you tried using
<parameter name="test" isForPrompting="false" class="java.lang.String"/>

and passing the parameters to JasperReport manually using a HashMap
something like this...

                HashMap parameters = new HashMap();
                parameters.put("test", test);
                JasperReport jasperReport =
JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jasperDesign);

                Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
                DataSource ds = (DataSource)initCtx.lookup("DBLookupJNDI");
                Connection con = ds.getConnection();

                JasperPrint jasperPrint =
JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasperReport,
parameters, con);

-Manjesh