Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Fazzie, John" <jf...@fcg.com> on 2007/04/12 21:07:08 UTC

fo:bookmark external-destination support

FOP version 0.93

JRE 1.4.2_10

Windows XP SP 2

I am writing to get a confirmation on whether or not the
external-destination attribute on the fo:bookmark is supported by FOP
0.93. Note: I am going to PDF... not sure if this is important or not.
The error I'm getting in my console is: 37755 [main] WARN
org.apache.fop.fo.FONode  - Warning(22/770): fo:bookmark,
external-destination property not currently supported

So I'm thinking that it's not supported... but I'm curious if it's
something else that might be causing this error... It seems on the
Compliance page that bookmarks are fully supported in FOP 0.93 so that's
why I'm confused.

Thanks.

-John

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Re: fo:bookmark external-destination support

Posted by Paul Vinkenoog <pa...@vinkenoog.nl>.
Hi John,

> I am writing to get a confirmation on whether or not the
> external-destination attribute on the fo:bookmark is supported by
> FOP 0.93. Note: I am going to PDF... not sure if this is important
> or not.  The error I'm getting in my console is: 37755 [main] WARN
> org.apache.fop.fo.FONode - Warning(22/770): fo:bookmark,
> external-destination property not currently supported

I have recently worked on the bookmarks code (to improve the
*in*ternal targeting) and I can confirm that external-destination
support is currently totally absent. It's fairly easy to implement
though, and I've been thinking of doing it -- if I find some time
before somebody else does ;-)

Meanwhile, you'll have to use basic-links for external destinations.

Kind regards,
Paul Vinkenoog