Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "KONTRA, Gergely" <pi...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 09:47:06 UTC

[fileupload] Uploading large files

Hi all!

As I see, I am not the only developer, who are suffering from the
limitation of the 2Gb limit of uploaded files.
To be more pcecise, uploading 2Gb+ files goes well, but the total size of
the file is reported incorrectly. I am trying to use gwtupload with
fileupload and noticed, that the progress bar doesn't work.

If nobody does this before, I will fork fileupload and make progress
reporting correct for huge files. I just write here to ask, if there is
already a patched version available somewhere, which overcomes the
beforementioned limitation (I hope so...)

thanks
Gergo
+-[ Gergely Kontra <pi...@gmail.com> ]------------------+
| Mobile:(+36 20)356 9656                                   |
+- "Olyan lángész vagyok, hogy poroltóval kellene járnom!" -+

Re: [fileupload] Uploading large files

Posted by "KONTRA, Gergely" <pi...@gmail.com>.
2 more questions:

1. Could I compile just the fileupload project (at my first attempt, it
complains about missing parent pom.xml)
2. Is the svn repository at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/fileupload/trunk/

I am behind a corporate proxy, so I'm not sure about these things. For 2. I
get the following error:
Redirect cycle detected for URL

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "KONTRA, Gergely" <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Gergely,

2013/3/1 KONTRA, Gergely <pi...@gmail.com>

> Hi all!
>
> As I find my concrete issue in the JIRA here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FILEUPLOAD-195#comment-13589406 I
> have a new question:
>
> I am ready to fix this problem, and I would like to contribute the result
> to the community.

Nice to hear that. We alway welcome contributions :)

> But first, IS THERE ANYBODY FIXING 2GB UPLOAD LIMIT SILENTLY?
>
> Is the way of it forking the project on github
> https://github.com/apache/commons-fileupload fixing the problem and
> requesting a pull request?

Sorry, but the github mirrors are read only (AFAIK). Usually contributions
are made through SVN diff files uploaded to Jira. Would it be possible for
you to upload an SVN diff to jira? Don't forget to add some unit tests ;-)

TIA!
Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/