Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Arturo Bernal <ar...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/22 13:33:03 UTC

Unapproved license

Hi All,

Ii'm trying to do some change in commons crypto project but i always get the following error-> "Too many files with unapproved license"
Do i have to solve this issues?

Re: Unapproved license

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 19:46, Arturo Bernal
<ar...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Thank you all.
>
> I think that i solve the problem adding the license to the file that produce the error.

Note that you should only do that if the file is your own work.

Re: Unapproved license

Posted by Arturo Bernal <ar...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Guys,

Re: Unapproved license

Posted by Alex Remily <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unapproved license

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unapproved license

Posted by Alex Remily <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unapproved license

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
To get even more specific, That message is usually generated by the Maven RAT plugin. RAT is an Apache tool to verify that our projects have an appropriate license header. A file should have been generated in the “target” directory named rat.txt that lists the files without an appropriate license. You should inspect each one of these files and determine if it is just missing an Apache license, in which case you should add it, or uses some other license. If it is the latter then you should add it to the plugins list of excluded files and then, if necessary, add something to the project's NOTICE file.

Ralph