Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Uwe Brauer <ou...@mat.ucm.es> on 2013/10/16 15:54:17 UTC

Re: script to delete all niqquds

>> "Urmas" == Urmas  <da...@gmail.com> writes:

   > "Uwe Brauer"
   >> how to delete all niqquds in a document?

   > You can try to use a regular expression to replace them with
   > nothing. It should be smth like "[\uXXXX-\uXXXX\uYYYY-\uYYYY]" (4 hex
   > digits), representing whatever characters you want to remove.

Hm here on my linux machine I insert the niqquds by configuring the il
file with in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols
it seems there are 2 convensions

    key <AC07> { [ hebrew_yod,	0x10005b4	]       }; // Chiriq I
    key <AC09> { [ hebrew_lamed,  U05B0	]	};     // schwa
so I wrote a schwa and tried

To find
[\u05B0]

But openoffice did not find it, what is the problem?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer