Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> on 2014/10/02 21:36:36 UTC

Accumulo Powered By Logo

I was a looking at the new Accumulo powered logo [1] and thought that just
an A[2] may be better.  Any other thoughts on how to improve this?

Someone mentioned that just the A[2] isn't as informative in the case where
someone is completely unfamiliar w/ Accumulo.

[1]: http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/pb-accumulo.jpg
[2]: http://people.apache.org/~kturner/pb-accumulo.png

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
I don't know what is meant by "official logo", but if we're referring to
trademarks, one could argue (successfully?) that the 'a' by itself, in that
specific style, is a trademark, just like the full logo we use on the page,
especially since we use the 'a' by itself in the monitor page's "favicon".

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would argue that the "a" logo is one of our official logos. It is in use
> as the favicon of the Accumulo monitor page, and on our Twitter account.

ok.  In that case the a by itself may be a better choice w/ for the Powered
By logo for now.

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org> wrote:

> I like the one with just the 'a', but I think we could make ~50% bigger.

I agree.

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Yea, as an outside observer, I would have no idea what "Apache A" is, nor
> any idea how to get more information. Maybe we just need a different logo,
> altogether, given the context of putting it in the PBA circle.

Another alternative would be to developer our own powered by logo that
works well with our logo.   Personally, I am not really in favor of this
option though. Just trying to think of what our options are.

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
I think a logo that's more friendly to place in a circle would be useful.
The Accumulo logo is very squared off.

Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo

Posted by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com>.