Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Avi Levi <av...@bluevoyant.com> on 2019/02/17 17:15:29 UTC

Reading messages from start - new job submission

I'm updating a job without savepoint.
The consumer properties is set to *  prop.setProperty("auto.offset.reset",
"earliest")*
The start strategy is not explicitly set (using the default
setStartFromGroupOffsets).
In this case I expect that the consumer will read the messages from the
beginning since there is no offset restored, but is actually reading from
latest. What am I missing?

Best
Avi

Re: Reading messages from start - new job submission

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Avi,

As described in the documentation: "If offsets could not be found for a partition, the auto.offset.reset setting in the properties will be used.". For starting from GroupOffset, the property "auto.offset.reset" will ONLY be respected when the group offset cannot be found for a partition. Otherwise, it will use the offset found.

Regards,
Dian

Posted by avilevi <av...@bluevoyant.com>.
Hi ,
I'm using 1.7.0

Cheers

Re: Reading messages from start - new job submission

Posted by sohimankotia <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Which version of flink you r using ?

Reset offset to earliest :