Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@apache.org> on 2022/09/28 16:46:42 UTC

New Committer : Amatya Avadhanula

Hello everyone,

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Druid has invited Amatya
Avadhanula to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that Amatya
has accepted.

Amatya has been making a lot of fixes on the kinesis ingestion and systems
(overlord, task locking) side. He optimized the task fetching in overlord
from the console which is going to benefit many heavy clusters. He fixed
the kinesis ingestion to work with empty shards which had been a major
limitation in working with kinesis ingestion. His work has been
high-quality with great test coverage. He has also been helping the
community on slack and Github.

Congratulations Amatya.

Re: New Committer : Amatya Avadhanula

Posted by Amatya Avadhanula <am...@apache.org>.
Thanks Karan!

Re: New Committer : Amatya Avadhanula

Posted by Tijo Thomas <ti...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!!! Congratulations Amatya!!

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 10:26 AM Amatya Avadhanula <am...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> On 2022/09/29 16:43:33 Furkan KAMACI wrote:
> > Welcome on board!

Thanks & Regards
Tijo Thomas

Re: New Committer : Amatya Avadhanula