Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Devender <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 09:26:49 UTC

Re: Starter ticket

Hi Ryan,

I am sorry for late reply, I had some academics work.

I have submitted an initial patch for the /about page(1) for the new
created ticket #794 (2). Please provide feedback. I have some doubt like:

1. for RaisingExceptionPlugin.py<https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/raw-attachment/ticket/794/RaisingExceptionPlugin.py>I
copied it to the
X/X/apache-bloodhound-0.7/installer/bloodhound/environments/main/plugins.
But when I tried to access it through the
127.0.0.1:8000/main/raise-exception. It is not displaying anything.

2. I am unable to see the system info table on the error page. Which is the
corresponding url for the error page? Is it any link which is not for any
corresponding url?

(1)
https://github.com/dev9226134/bloodhound/commit/cabf781f40315746da62fa31f46b158a521c2c46
(2) https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/794

Re: Starter ticket

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:26 AM, Devender <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> I am sorry for late reply, I had some academics work.
>
> I have submitted an initial patch for the /about page(1) for the new
> created ticket #794 (2). Please provide feedback. I have some doubt like:
>
> 1. for RaisingExceptionPlugin.py<https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/raw-attachment/ticket/794/RaisingExceptionPlugin.py>I copied it to the
> X/X/apache-bloodhound-0.7/installer/bloodhound/environments/main/plugins.
> But when I tried to access it through the
> 127.0.0.1:8000/main/raise-exception. It is not displaying anything.

You have placed the single-file plugin in the proper location. However, I
wonder about your installation. You want to do a "dev install" using the
latest trunk. It appears you have installed the last production release,
Bloodhound 0.7.

Did you install following the steps listed here?:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing

When installed you should also see the plugin listed under "Installed
Plugins" on the About page.

> 2. I am unable to see the system info table on the error page. Which is
> the corresponding url for the error page? Is it any link which is not for
> any corresponding url?

The error page is displayed by navigating to the /raise-exception URL. The
reason for the plugin is that we need to explicitly force an error in order
to see the error page.