Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jeff Wrana <wr...@kjunction.com> on 2001/02/27 21:12:03 UTC

Configuration question.

I am encountering problems where configuration properties aren't recognized
when setting priority to specific category. I have overridden the Category
class with my own MyCategory (as well as the factories and parsers)

the usual convention for specifying a priority for Category is

log4j.category.com.java.whatever=FATAL

I have tried this but get a runtime ExceptionInInitializer exception. Is
this the correct way but I am forgetting to code something in my MyCategory
class? or is there a another correct way to set the property when using
subclasses of Category?

thank
Jeff