Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Matthew Luck <ma...@gnomon.com> on 2002/03/20 23:02:53 UTC

Errors: ServletException and TransportMessage

My installation of SOAP (v. 2.2) on my Windows server used to work
fine.  Now, for some reason I can't figure out, I am getting the following
problems:

1. when I try "http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter" in a web
browser, I get an Internal Server Error page with the following text:
	exception
	javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance
		at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:657)
	root cause
	javax.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

2. when I try "java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list" from the command line, I
get:
		at org.apache.soap.transport.TransportMessage.read(TransportMessage.java:211)

Tomcat (v. 4.0) appears to be running ok--other servlets are functional.  I
don't recall changing anything since SOAP was running without problems before.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt