Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Remi Bergsma <re...@remi.nl> on 2015/07/02 21:30:52 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] 4.5.2 bugfix sprint

Hi Rohit,

Could you see if you can add this bug fix as well? It fixes the X-Forwarded-For header in HAProxy.

Remi

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Rajani, Wido,

I think what Rohit says makes sense. If we put it in 451to452 and release
4.5.2 in the coming week and 4.6.0 at the end of the month we are alright.
Except for Wido that is, he will have to fix his DB's removing the
autoincrement in the id of regions by hand.

--
Daan

Re: [DISCUSS] 4.5.2 bugfix sprint

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> On 05-Aug-2015, at 11:01 am, Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Rohit,
> Any update on the release timelines for 4.5.2? I think based on the current
> upgrade path, we have to do 4.5.2 before 4.6.0. Else upgrade path needs to
> changed.
>

> I’ll attempt to start working on a RC next week, there are few security
> fixes because of which 4.5.2 was delayed. I think the region schema related
> migration (your open PR) should be merged in 451-to-452 schema file on both
> 4.5 and master branches.
>
> I’m aiming to have a 4.5.2 RC and voting-thread started on/around 14th
> August, hoping to see 4.5.2 released before end of August.
>
> The upgrade schemas are already in place between 4.5.2 and 4.6.0 so after
> you had done the above, 4.6.0 can kickstart before 4.6.0, though ideally
> 4.6.0 can also wait to receive those security issues.

I am confused. Are you saying that 4.5.2 and 4.6.0 RCs can go in parallel?
We have an upgrade issue here. As per the current upgrade path, 4.6 thinks
that 4.5.2 is already done. Hence, if i4.5.2 is released later, 4.5.2 users
will not be able to upgrade to 4.6

With current codebase, doing 4.5.2 and then 4.6.0 is easier. But, we will
have the same problem when doing 4.5.3(if required).

we can either
1. start with 4.6.0, rename all the current 452to460 to 451to460. When we
do a 4.5.2, add upgrade paths 451to452, 452to460
2. do 4.5.2 first and then 4.6.0 and deal with 4.5.3 when it comes.

version table on current master;
+----+---------+-
| id | version |
+----+---------+-
|  1 | 4.0.0   |
|  2 | 4.1.0   |
|  3 | 4.2.0   |
|  4 | 4.2.1   |
|  5 | 4.3.0   |
|  6 | 4.4.0   |
|  7 | 4.4.1   |
|  8 | 4.4.2   |
|  9 | 4.5.0   |
| 10 | 4.5.1   |
| 11 | 4.5.2   |
| 12 | 4.6.0   |
+----+---------+-

~Rajani

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
[...]

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Rohit,
Any update on the release timelines for 4.5.2? I think based on the current
upgrade path, we have to do 4.5.2 before 4.6.0. Else upgrade path needs to
changed.

Thoughts?

~Rajani