Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Nirojan Selvanathan <ss...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/16 18:25:31 UTC

Documentation site for APISIX

Hi All,

APISIX docs are maintained in markdown format. I've tried to migrate the
docs with minimal effort to a documentation platform. I've tried out the
following markdown to site generation platforms.

- Docsify <https://docsify.js.org/#/quickstart>: Needs minimal effort and
looks elegant.
- Docusaurus <https://docusaurus.io/> from Facebook: Language
translation for v2 is still under development, but also elegant and easy to
use.

Due to language support, I've generated the docs based on Dosify
(Inprogress).

English Docs: https://sshniro.github.io/apisix-docsify/#/README
CN Docs: https://sshniro.github.io/apisix-docsify/#/zh-cn/
Repository: https://github.com/sshniro/apisix-docsify

The document can be structured into 5 mains parts:
- Introduction
- Getting Started
- Core (Architecture, Installation)
- Plugins (Security, Authentication, etc)
- Admin API

Changes Required.
- Create a short introduction page (Current ReadMe is long for the
introduction)
- Remove the table of content from each markdown file. (Docsify by default
shows this in the navbar)
- Create separate folders for different languages (CN etc)
Apart from the above the current content and structure will remain the same.

I would like to hear the opinion regarding using the above approach. If the
community is okay with this, I can create a PR for the modifications. The
docs can be deployed along with the apisix website as it bundles as a
static site.

--
Best Regards,
S.Nirojan

Re: Documentation site for APISIX

Posted by Nirojan Selvanathan <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The following is the PR to support docsify documentation site.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-apisix/pull/1724

Docisfy deployed version:
English: https://sshniro.github.io/apisix-docsify/#/
CN: https://sshniro.github.io/apisix-docsify/#/zh-cn/

The PR does not modify the content of the docs. This will be done in the
subsequent PRs.

@Ming Wen <we...@apache.org> The site can be deployed by deploying the
contents under the doc folder or enabling the github pages (doc branch). No
compilation needed.

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
ok, sounds good.

Posted by Nirojan Selvanathan <ss...@gmail.com>.