Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2012/09/24 12:12:11 UTC

Re: Celix: A Shepherd's View

On Jul 10, 2012, at 4:24 AM, "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org> wrote:

> Sorry for the late shepherd notes, but I have reviewed the Celix community
> and it looks like the Celix community is continuing to progress, albeit slowly.
>
> A couple of notes:
> 1) I would recommend trying to accelerate release plans.  It takes a lot of work
> up front, but cutting releases is a critical part of incubation.  After 2 years , I
> would think you should have been able to make at least one release.

I will add my comments to the "Preparing code base for a release" thread.

> 2) I would also recommend looking at the branding guidelines[1].  The website
> seems to be missing a couple of things (like links to Apache homepage
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html

Guys, please review these guidelines. I compared them with the current site and found the following issues:

1) The download page does not contain a one line description of the project.

2) The following required links are missing from the main navigation bar:
    a) License
    b) Sponsorship
    c) Thanks
    d) Security
    e) ASF Homepage (which is featured on the About page, but that is not enough)

3) Trademark attributions should include Apache Celix

4) Add a small "TM" symbol to the project logo and add the right trademark attribution

5) Create a DOAP file for Celix

I suggest someone creates some Jira tickets for these issues and fixes them. It would be nice if we could get this done before the next report!

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Celix: A Shepherd's View

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Alexander Broekhuis
<a....@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Great work! I'll walk through the changes somewhere this weekend to check
> > nothing is missing.
>

> I've look through all of them, and everything seems to be ok.
>
> One thing I want to do, is to aks our logo designer if he wants to add the
> TM to the original file. This way we won't end up with different version
> (with and without the trademark symbol).
>

> > I also will come back on the release and the next report we have to
> write.
> >

> This will probably be somewhere this week, if you (Pepijn) have some time
> to pick up the report, that would be great!

Sure. One thing I only have time Tuesday evening, but that is still in time
so no problem.

Re: Celix: A Shepherd's View

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Celix: A Shepherd's View

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.

Re: Celix: A Shepherd's View

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.

Re: Celix: A Shepherd's View

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi pepijn,

> Thanks for comments, I forgot that we still needed some work on the
> website. I made Jira issues of the items mentioned and try to get them all
> solved in this week.

Feel free to look into it. Getting changes into the sites might be little
tricky to start working on.

Check out info on the apache cms how to do this. I'll post some links to
some info later today. Have to look them up first.

If you need some help, or want me to pick an issue, just give a call!

Re: Celix: A Shepherd's View

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Marcel Offermans <
marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2012, at 4:24 AM, "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the late shepherd notes, but I have reviewed the Celix
> community
> > and it looks like the Celix community is continuing to progress, albeit
> slowly.
> >
> > A couple of notes:
> > 1) I would recommend trying to accelerate release plans.  It takes a lot
> of work
> > up front, but cutting releases is a critical part of incubation.  After
> 2 years , I
> > would think you should have been able to make at least one release.
>
> I will add my comments to the "Preparing code base for a release" thread.
>
> > 2) I would also recommend looking at the branding guidelines[1].  The
> website
> > seems to be missing a couple of things (like links to Apache homepage
> >
> > [1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html
>
> Guys, please review these guidelines. I compared them with the current
> site and found the following issues:
>
> 1) The download page does not contain a one line description of the
> project.
>
> 2) The following required links are missing from the main navigation bar:
>     a) License
>     b) Sponsorship
>     c) Thanks
>     d) Security
>     e) ASF Homepage (which is featured on the About page, but that is not
> enough)
>
> 3) Trademark attributions should include Apache Celix
>
> 4) Add a small "TM" symbol to the project logo and add the right trademark
> attribution
>
> 5) Create a DOAP file for Celix
>

> I suggest someone creates some Jira tickets for these issues and fixes
> them. It would be nice if we could get this done before the next report!

Thanks for comments, I forgot that we still needed some work on the
website. I made Jira issues of the items mentioned and try to get them all
solved in this week.

Greetings,
Pepijn