Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rosen Marinov <ro...@sirma.bg> on 2004/04/21 14:08:03 UTC

escaping characters

Hi all,
I am usung folowing query to find exact match document with title: Abramovich says Chelsea win showed "Russian character" .
In both cases with/without escaping " character, and all others form http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/queryparsersyntax.html
i recieve these exceptions:

CASE 1 - without escaping:
Query == ((TITLE:(["Abramovich says Chelsea win showed "Russian character"" TO "Abramovich says Chelsea win showed "Russian character""]))
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Encountered "character\"\""
Was expecting:
    "]" ...

CASE 2 - with escaping:
Query == (TITLE:(["Abramovich says Chelsea win showed \"Russian character\"" TO "Abramovich says Chelsea win showed \"Russian character\""]))
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Encountered "character\\\"\""
Was expecting:
    "]" ...

Question 1:
Where is the problem? (i am usung SimpleAnalyzer, is this true?)

Question 2:
Is there more sly way to get the doc with exact maching this title? (for info: my titles are unique)

Pls answer me in both questions.

Best regards!

Rosen