Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/02/20 16:55:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors (JK) 1.2.48

Tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=commit;h=90b294ce8260ab2585dcb4071ede5d53e51fa354

Source:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=summary

Dist:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/

This is a maintenance release with a handful of bug fixes (compared to
1.2.46) and some clean-up. It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.

The proposed JK 1.2.48 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.48

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors (JK) 1.2.48

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 24/02/2020 08:54, Martin Grigorov wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 6:55 PM Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org
> <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Tag:
>     https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=commit;h=90b294ce8260ab2585dcb4071ede5d53e51fa354
>
>     Source:
>     https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=summary
>
>     Dist:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/
>

>     This is a maintenance release with a handful of bug fixes (compared to
>     1.2.46) and some clean-up. It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.
>

>     The proposed JK 1.2.48 release is:
>     [ ] Broken - do not release
>     [ X ] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.48
>

> Verified signatures & SHA512 sum, build it against APR[-UTIL] 1.7.x &
> HTTPD 2.4.x
>
> One question:
> At https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/README.html at
> the bottom it talks about SHA1 but there is no .sha1 file in Dist.
> I went to remove the mentioning of SHA1
> at https://github.com/apache/tomcat-connectors/blob/master/tools/dist/README.html but
> the text there is slightly different.
> guess https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/README.html is
> generated somehow but the only mention of README in
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat-connectors/blob/master/tools/jkrelease.sh#L36 is
> about README.txt, not .html, and I don't see anything that would produce
> this text: We offer SHA1 and SHA512 hashes as alternatives ...
> At
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat-connectors/blob/master/HOWTO-RELEASE.txt#L127
> I see "Modify README.html and update it to the current version.",
> so I guess you (Mark) have edited this manually.

Correct. I don't use the script the generates the dist dir, I do it
manually. I'll get that reference updated.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors (JK) 1.2.48

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 6:55 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=commit;h=90b294ce8260ab2585dcb4071ede5d53e51fa354
>
> Source:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=summary
>
> Dist:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/
>

> This is a maintenance release with a handful of bug fixes (compared to
> 1.2.46) and some clean-up. It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.
>

> The proposed JK 1.2.48 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ X ] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.48

Verified signatures & SHA512 sum, build it against APR[-UTIL] 1.7.x & HTTPD
2.4.x

One question:
At
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/README.html
at
the bottom it talks about SHA1 but there is no .sha1 file in Dist.
I went to remove the mentioning of SHA1 at
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-connectors/blob/master/tools/dist/README.html
but
the text there is slightly different.
I guess
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/README.html
is
generated somehow but the only mention of README in
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-connectors/blob/master/tools/jkrelease.sh#L36
is
about README.txt, not .html, and I don't see anything that would produce
this text: We offer SHA1 and SHA512 hashes as alternatives ...
At
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-connectors/blob/master/HOWTO-RELEASE.txt#L127
I see "Modify README.html and update it to the current version.",
so I guess you (Mark) have edited this manually.

Martin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors (JK) 1.2.48

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/03/2020 23:13, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Am 20.02.2020 um 17:55 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>> Tag:
>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=commit;h=90b294ce8260ab2585dcb4071ede5d53e51fa354
>>

>> Source:
>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=summary
>>
>> Dist:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/
>>

>> This is a maintenance release with a handful of bug fixes (compared to
>> 1.2.46) and some clean-up. It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.
>>

>> The proposed JK 1.2.48 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.48
>
> I have minor remarks mostly related to release artefacts:

Thanks for the review.

> - the src archive files in previous versions contained files CHANGES and
> NEWS in the native directory. They are generated by our release skript,
> which searches for any of w3m, elinks, links or lynx. Maybe none of
> those existed on the original build system for those artefacts. The
> files do get generated when I run the release skript for 1.2.48 locally.

Odd. links is available. Ah. I needed to run the release script with -h.
I've added a note for that.

> - the symbol archive files in earlier versions contained a file README.
> I think it originates from native/iis/README.

Having read it, I'm leaning towards not including that file. I think it
may be a little mis-leading alongside the symbols.

> - at least in some "printer" html docs links have changed by one level.
> E.g. docs/common_howto/printer/loadbalancers.html in 1.2.46 contains a
> link to ../../reference/workers.html in 1.2.46 and
> ../reference/workers.html in 1.2.48. There are two workers reference
> pages, docs/reference/printer/workers.html and
> docs/reference/workers.html. So the 1.2.46 link should work but jump
> from the "printer" docs to the normal page. The 1.2.48 should no longer
> work at all.

Ah. The switch to the newer stylesheet should have removed the "printer"
docs entirely. I'll get that cleaned up.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors (JK) 1.2.48

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 20.02.2020 um 17:55 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=commit;h=90b294ce8260ab2585dcb4071ede5d53e51fa354
>
> Source:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=summary
>
> Dist:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/
>

> This is a maintenance release with a handful of bug fixes (compared to
> 1.2.46) and some clean-up. It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.
>

> The proposed JK 1.2.48 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.48

I have minor remarks mostly related to release artefacts:

- the src archive files in previous versions contained files CHANGES and
NEWS in the native directory. They are generated by our release skript,
which searches for any of w3m, elinks, links or lynx. Maybe none of
those existed on the original build system for those artefacts. The
files do get generated when I run the release skript for 1.2.48 locally.

- the symbol archive files in earlier versions contained a file README.
I think it originates from native/iis/README.

- at least in some "printer" html docs links have changed by one level.
E.g. docs/common_howto/printer/loadbalancers.html in 1.2.46 contains a
link to ../../reference/workers.html in 1.2.46 and
../reference/workers.html in 1.2.48. There are two workers reference
pages, docs/reference/printer/workers.html and
docs/reference/workers.html. So the 1.2.46 link should work but jump
from the "printer" docs to the normal page. The 1.2.48 should no longer
work at all.

Thanks a bunch for RM!

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors (JK) 1.2.48

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 20/02/2020 16:55, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=commit;h=90b294ce8260ab2585dcb4071ede5d53e51fa354
>
> Source:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomcat-connectors.git;a=summary
>
> Dist:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/
>

> This is a maintenance release with a handful of bug fixes (compared to
> 1.2.46) and some clean-up. It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.
>

> The proposed JK 1.2.48 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.48

Tested locally with httpd 2.4 and Tomcat 10.

Mark

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors (JK) 1.2.48

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: mgrigorov, markt, rjung

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Mark