Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/12/23 05:46:22 UTC

About contribution process

Hi RocketMQ devs,
I would like to raise you attention to the following thing.

There's very little information on the contribution process, and it causes some confusion.For instance, people contribute some code and find out afterwards that there are unwritten rules they need to follow. Or people commit changes or send pull requests without creating/updating JIRA.
I understand that the project is very young, but it would be very helpful to have a basic guideline everyone has to follow and avoid confusion after even more members joins the project.And of course, I will be happy to collaborate with you guys on creating the guideline if you need my help.
Any thoughts?

---
Roman Shtykh,
Apache Ignite Comitter | MyBatis Committer | R&D Engineer

Re: About contribution process

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Von,
At the beginning, having at least some simple rules for pull requests like having a JIRA issue raised before PR, PR format description, codestyle check, and unit tests where appliable will be very helpful. Later we can pick best practices from other Apache projects and improve.
Let's get back to this and make suggestions after you finish polishing the guideline ;)
-Roman

    On Friday, December 23, 2016 9:06 PM, Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org> wrote:

 Hi Roman,

We have one simple description about how to contribute for RocketMQ in CONTRIBUTING.md <https://github.com/apache/incubator-gearpump/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md>.

Recently, I am polishing here, making it more  effective. If you have some good advice, please do me a fovor for this guideline :-)

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi Roman,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 to specify