Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Marco Rossi <ma...@markreds.it> on 2020/06/17 13:23:10 UTC

New Action template issue

Hi guys,
I’ve installed NetBeans 12.0 to start a new RCP project and I’ve got the following in the editor window after created a new Action with the NetBeans wizard.
Anyone else has already got this?

package com.cemit.hcsetup.platform;

import java.awt.event.ActionEvent;
import java.awt.event.ActionListener;
import org.openide.awt.ActionID;
import org.openide.awt.ActionReference;
import org.openide.awt.ActionReferences;
import org.openide.awt.ActionRegistration;
import org.openide.util.NbBundle.Messages;

@ActionID(
        category = "File",
        id = "com.cemit.hcsetup.platform.ConnectAction"
)
        @ActionRegistration(
                iconBase = "com/cemit/hcsetup/platform/connect.png",
                displayName = "#CTL_ConnectAction"
        )
        @ActionReferences({
    @ActionReference(path ="The following has evaluated to null or missing:
==> r.path  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 49, column 28]

----
Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it.
----
Tip: If the failing expression is known to legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)??
----

----
FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related):
	- Failed at: ${r.path()}  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 49, column 26]
----"The following has evaluated to null or missing:
==> r.position  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 50, column 3]

----
Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it.
----
Tip: If the failing expression is known to legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)??
----

----
FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related):
	- Failed at: #if r.position() != -1  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 49, column 38]
----The following has evaluated to null or missing:
==> r.separatorBefore  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 51, column 3]

----
Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it.
----
Tip: If the failing expression is known to legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)??
----

----
FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related):
	- Failed at: #if r.separatorBefore() != -1  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 50, column 64]
----The following has evaluated to null or missing:
==> r.separatorAfter  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 52, column 3]

----
Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it.
----
Tip: If the failing expression is known to legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)??
----

----
FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related):
	- Failed at: #if r.separatorAfter() != -1  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 51, column 85]
----The following has evaluated to null or missing:
==> r.name  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 53, column 3]

----
Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it.
----
Tip: If the failing expression is known to legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)??
----

----
FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related):
	- Failed at: #if r.name()?length != 0  [in template "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 52, column 82]
----),
[...]

----)
})
@Messages("CTL_ConnectAction=New connection")
public final class ConnectAction implements ActionListener {

    @Override
        // TODO implement action body
    }
}

Re: New Action template issue

Posted by Boris Heithecker <bo...@gmx.net>.
It's a known issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-4365?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17114232#comment-17114232
and should be fixed in 12.0.1
Boris

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 15:23, Marco Rossi <ma...@markreds.it> wrote:

> [...]
> myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if
> myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover
> the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use
> parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)??
> ----
>
> ----
> FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related):
>         - Failed at: #if r.name()?length != 0  [in template
> "Templates/NetBeansModuleDevelopment-files/actionListener.java" at line 52,
> column
>
> 82]
> ----)
> })
> @Messages("CTL_ConnectAction=New connection")
> public final class ConnectAction implements ActionListener {
>
>     @Override
>     public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {

Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg
Festnetz: +49 4205 315834
Mobil: +49 170 6137015

Re: New Action template issue

Posted by Marco Rossi <ma...@markreds.it>.
Ok, I’ll follow your suggestion, thank you.

Marco

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.