Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it> on 2008/07/28 12:47:53 UTC

The project was not built because no changes were detected in sources since the last build.

Hi all,

here I am again :-)
Sorry but without a valid documentation mailing list results better way to
know answers.

I'm trying to execute a scheduled build, after some source changes, but log
reports following line:
2600171 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - The
project was not built because no changes were detected in sources since the
last build.

Now, I have a build definition with "build fresh" and in fact, a clean
checkout is correclty done before building....but what I don't understand is
why I see that above log since I committed some source changes...

Where am I wrong?
Thanks again and regards
Raffaele

Re: The project was not built because no changes were detected in sources since the last build.

Posted by "apache.maillist" <ap...@gmail.com>.
When "Build Fresh" is check, it should always do a clean checkout rather than
update, but it should ONLY build when there are changes committed, it should
NOT build if no changes are committed. Thus, I do not think "Always Build"
should be implicit.

Re: The project was not built because no changes were detected in sources since the last build.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

apache maillist wrote:

> It seems to work fine and as designed on my stand-alone continuum
> instances.
> 1. check "Build Fresh" only, if source changed, continuum does
> clean-checkout (instead of update) and build. If source has not changed,
> no
> build occur.

Good morning,
I've enabled DEBUG level and restarted Continuum, then I've done a source
change (I created a new method) and I committed that source.
Then I have scheduled my build definition to be executed at 9:25 a.m. and as
usually a clean checkout was done but unfortunately no build....
My build definition as already stated has build fresh checked and always
build not checked.

Because log was too big, in attach you can find a partial log starting from
build started scheduled
http://www.nabble.com/file/p18727730/continuumAhYeah.log continuumAhYeah.log

Re: The project was not built because no changes were detected in sources since the last build.

Posted by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com>.
It seems to work fine and as designed on my stand-alone continuum instances.
1. check "Build Fresh" only, if source changed, continuum does
clean-checkout (instead of update) and build. If source has not changed, no
build occur.
2. check "Build Fresh" and "Always Build", it will do clean-checkout and
build even source has no changes.

Thanks.

LJ

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.
Ok tomorrow I'll do it.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it> wrote:

> > Should the correct behaviour be that if there was a source change, a
> build
> > should be done either with or without "Fresh build" checked option?
>

> if source changed, with/without "Fresh build", a build is started and this
> part works fine. We use it every days on few servers.
>
> Emmanuel, I'm trying for days to launch a scheduled build (defined by me)
> WITH Fresh build WITH source changes BUT Continuum says:
> the project was not built because no changes were detected in sources since
> the last build.

With "Fresh Build", you  must check use actually the "Always build" too.
With both checked, the build should work.

> And so, I'm wrong in something or your every days test aren't telling the
> truth?

> In your environment do you use default build definitions or you have your
> own?

In production, we have both. The public environment is on apache.org :
http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/
And I have some others that are private on several OS and databases.

Re: The project was not built because no changes were detected in sources since the last build.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it> wrote:

> Ah ok, and so "Fresh Build" => "Always Build"
>
> Anyway it seems I've found a bug?

yes, if "Fresh Build" is used, "Always build"  must be implicit.

> Should the correct behaviour be that if there was a source change, a build
> should be done either with or without "Fresh build" checked option?

if source changed, with/without "Fresh build", a build is started and this
part works fine. We use it every days on few servers.

> Should I have to register on your Jira site to submit an issue?

Yes

> Now, what do you suggest to me as workaround? That is, what could I do if I
> wanted a build after a source change?

If you don't need a "Fresh build" that run always a full checkout instead of
an update, you have nothing to do because it is the standard way in
Continuum (if you have a schedule activated, of course)
If you want a "Fresh build", the workaround is to check the "Build Always"
too.

Emmanuel

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.
Here it is my setup inside server.xml of Tomcat 6:
<Context path="/continuum-webapp-1.1"
         docBase="webapps/continuum-webapp-1.1.war">

	  <Resource name="jdbc/users"
	            auth="Container"
	            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
	            username="sa"
	            password=""
	            driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
   	            url="jdbc:derby:database/users;create=true" />

	  <Resource name="jdbc/continuum"
	            auth="Container"
	            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
	            username="sa"
	            password=""
	            driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
	            url="jdbc:derby:database/continuum;create=true" />

	  <Resource name="mail/Session"
	            auth="Container"
	            type="javax.mail.Session"
	            mail.smtp.host="TRAIANO"
	            mail.smtp.port="25"/>
	</Context>

Need other things?
Thanks

Posted by "Jeffery, Mark" <MJ...@fnb.co.za>.
What is your setup ?

Ie What version of DB etc

[...]

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.