Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2012/05/03 02:47:38 UTC

CloudStack Bootcamp - My thoughts

I weent to the CloudStack Bootcamp today as I was in town for some other things and I have to tip the hat to the Citrix folks for their gracious use of their space for the meeting.  I met folks that had flown in from a number of locales (Japan was the farthest I know of).  Also, there were a lot of folks (in fact most it seemed) that were not Citrix so it was nice to see a diverse pool of interest.  I talked a bit about my perspective on the Apache Way and about some of the good and bad experiences I learned from Apache Geronimo.  Lots of good questions from the folks in attendance.  The PDF is here if anyone is interested http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/ThingsToConsider.pdf

Things are looking good as the project gets going.  Now, to get some code :)

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

A Day Without Nuclear Fusion Is a Day Without Sunshine

Re: CloudStack Bootcamp - My thoughts

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:09 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:
>> I weent to the CloudStack Bootcamp today as I was in town for some other things and I have to tip the hat to the Citrix folks for their gracious use of their space for the meeting.  I met folks that had flown in from a number of locales (Japan was the farthest I know of).  Also, there were a lot of folks (in fact most it seemed) that were not Citrix so it was nice to see a diverse pool of interest.  I talked a bit about my perspective on the Apache Way and about some of the good and bad experiences I learned from Apache Geronimo.  Lots of good questions from the folks in attendance.  The PDF is here if anyone is interested http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/ThingsToConsider.pdf
>>
>> Things are looking good as the project gets going.  Now, to get some code :)
>>
>> Matt Hogstrom
>> matt@hogstrom.org
>>
>> A Day Without Nuclear Fusion Is a Day Without Sunshine
>>

> Thanks for the report Matt, and especially for attending and speaking.
>
> Just a quick follow-on - we had 80+ folks who attended the first day -
> with well over 75% being non-Citrix folks.
> I have one of the presentations up here:
> http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack/management-server-internals
>
> The other one should be up by morning, and I'll followup with a link to that.
> We have been recording these sessions and hopefully we will get the
> video posted in a timely manner as well.
>
> --David

Two more slide decks (which I believe is all of them now):

http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack/cloudstack-networking
http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack/cloudstack-architecture

Also as a reminder we have another day of knowledge transfer planned
for tomorrow and anyone is welcome to attend, you can see more details
here:
http://cloudstack.org/about-cloudstack/cloudstack-events/viewevent/77-cloudstack-developer-on-ramp.html

--David

Re: CloudStack Bootcamp - My thoughts

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM, sri hari kumaran
<m....@gmail.com> wrote:
> David, could you please upload the video sessions of the bootcamp if any..
>
> Thanks,

I haven't yet received the videos back from the videographers - I'll
send an email out today and check on the status.

--David

Re: CloudStack Bootcamp - My thoughts

Posted by sri hari kumaran <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>.