Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Gabo Manuel <km...@solegysystems.com> on 2009/03/20 07:24:02 UTC

[CXF2.2][IPLANET6sp6][Spring2.0.6] spring unable to find namespace

Hi guys,

First of all, since CXF2.2 is out... WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

I have the following configuration in beans.xml:

      xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs"
      xmlns:soap="http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap"
      xsi:schemaLocation="
        http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap
        http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/soap.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs
        http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
        http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
    ">

    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />
        <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
    <import
resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml" />

    <jaxrs:server id="restServices" address="/rest">
        <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
            <bean class="some.domain.MyService"/>
        </jaxrs:serviceBeans>

        <jaxrs:providers>
            <bean class="some.domain.BooleanProvider"/>
        </jaxrs:providers>
        <jaxrs:inInterceptors>
            <bean class="some.domain.RestInHandler"/>
        </jaxrs:inInterceptors>
    </jaxrs:server>
</beans>

Upon starting the iplanet instance, I get the following error message:

failure: WebModule[]: WEB2683: Exception sending context initialized
event to listener instance of class
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException:
Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML
schema namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs]
Offending resource: ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/beans.xml]

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:80)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.error(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1111)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1104)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:133)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:90)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:458)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:353)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:303)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:280)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:131)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:147)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:101)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:389)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:324)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:187)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3387)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3743)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:251)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1133)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:652)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1133)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:355)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:995)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.start(WebContainer.java:431)
        at
com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.startInstance(WebContainer.java:500)
        at
com.iplanet.ias.server.J2EERunner.confPostInit(J2EERunner.java:161)

I am able to ping "cxf.apache.org" to check just in case it was not
accessible. I am also able to run this same set of configurations and
binaries in my local tomcat server (v6.0.13).

Again, thanks in advance.

Gabo

Re: [CXF2.2][IPLANET6sp6][Spring2.0.6] spring unable to find namespace

Posted by Gabo Manuel <km...@solegysystems.com>.
Hi amine (or Salam?),

Try the following annotations in your object declaration:

import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessorType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlRootElement;

@XmlType(name="MyObject")
@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.PROPERTY)
@XmlRootElement(name="MyObject")
public class MyObject {
    //add your getters and setters here...
}

-------------------

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Collection;
import java.util.List;

import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessorType;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlElement;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlRootElement;
import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlType;

@XmlRootElement(name="MyObjectList")
@XmlType(name="MyObjectList")
@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)
public class MyObjectList {
    @XmlElement(nillable=true, name="MyObject")
    private List<MyObject> objects = new ArrayList<MyObject>();
    //add your getters and setters here...
}

I'm using default JAXB and I don't see any "duplication" of the nodes. Hth.

Gabo

P.S. I am not sure how this relates to my original question. :)

Posted by amine amine <am...@gmail.com>.
Salam,

--
Tigre et dragon "guardians of paradise"

Re: [CXF2.2][IPLANET6sp6][Spring2.0.6] spring unable to find namespace

Posted by Gabo Manuel <km...@solegysystems.com>.
Hi Sergey,

I knew it was something to do with the versions... just didn't know
which. Just would like to ask however, how come it works in tomcat? I am
definitely sure of using spring 2.0.6 since its only now that I
downloaded 2.5.5.

Gabo

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
No problems :-) You mentioned the Spring version in the subject in the first email in this thread and we noticed it only today, LOL
:-)
Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Gabo Manuel <km...@solegysystems.com>.
Hi Sergey,

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gabo Manuel <km...@solegysystems.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Hi Gabo

Posted by Gabo Manuel <km...@solegysystems.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Are you using something like "dependency:unpack-dependencies" or something to
combine the various jars into a single jar/war?   If so, that will DEFINITELY
cause this.

Check the stuff you are deploying for a META-INF/spring.handlers file and make
sure it contains mapping for the required handlers.

examples:

http\://cxf.apache.org/jaxws=org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spring.NamespaceHandler
http\://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs=org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.spring.NamespaceHandler

etc....

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [CXF2.2][IPLANET6sp6][Spring2.0.6] spring unable to find namespace

Posted by Gabo Manuel <km...@solegysystems.com>.
Hi Sergey,