Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2019/09/03 05:40:42 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Karaf

Apache Karaf provides a modern and polymorphic applications runtime,
multi-purpose (microservices, cloud, IoT, OSGi, etc).

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Membership Data:
Apache Karaf was founded 2010-06-16 (9 years ago)
There are currently 31 committers and 17 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 8:5.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Francois Papon on 2018-11-29.
- No new committers. Last addition was Francois Papon on 2018-05-19.

## Project Activity:
We released Apache Karaf 4.2.6 with several fixes. Master update started to
fully support OSGi R7 and other update. The kloud initiative keeps on
running
with new blog posts, and preparation on code base. The Karaf tooling (aka
Karaf Boot) is in our roadmap. The Karaf Vineyard donation should happen
soon
as now the code base is done. We are preparing new releases on our
subprojects, especially Decanter and Cave. We are very happy to have a full
Apache Karaf track at ApacheCon NA with 3 talks about Apache Karaf (all on
Thursday, September, 12). Recent releases:
4.2.6 was released on 2019-06-09.
4.2.5 was released on 2019-04-20. Decanter 2.2.0 was released on 2019-03-21.

## Community Health:
Even if the activity is lower during summer, but we have a sustained
activity
on the mailing list and interaction:
- dev@karaf.apache.org had a 53% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
(125
  emails compared to 262)
- issues@karaf.apache.org had a 46% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
  (692 emails compared to 1261)
- user@karaf.apache.org had a 32% decrease in traffic in the past
quarter (343
  emails compared to 499)
- 77 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-44% decrease)
- 37 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (-71% decrease)
- 95 commits in the past quarter (-67% decrease)
- 11 code contributors in the past quarter (-38% decrease)
- 53 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (-59% decrease)
- 45 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (-62% decrease)