Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Rimov <ri...@centercomp.com> on 2005/11/11 17:53:15 UTC

Checking for JSP page modification

Hi All,

I wanted to drop this idea here to see what people thought of feasibility:

The situation:  (Especially true with last release of MyFaces)

Nearly every time I make a modification to a JSF page, it seems that I need
to close and reopen my browser to flush the session because it won't render
the new page (for minor layout changes), or throw an exception about
duplicate ids (for major changes).

It seems to me that if a JSF page checked (optionally, of course, this would
be like 'reloadable' for a webapp) its modification date and found changes,
that it would flush its own saved state and start afresh. (Logging what it
did of course to help people figure out what might have happened).

For me this would dramatically increase development speed, which is starting
to get bogged down with all the session restarts required.

Is this idea doable?  Does it open up too many cans of worms?

If its doable, I'll file a Jira ticket, but I wanted to check here first.

Thanks!

-Mike

Re: Checking for JSP page modification

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Facelets does this already.  Perhaps there's some ideas or code that
could be borrowed from that project.

Posted by Travis Reeder <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.