Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mike <mz...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/09 19:56:16 UTC

OpenJDK support

I just tried to run OfBiz on Ubuntu 10.10, which comes with OpenJDK.  Like
others, it didn't successfully compile OfBiz, and I reverted to using
Oracle/Sun's JDK, which worked fine.  My question is, has anyone
successfully deployed OfBiz on OpenJDK, and what did you have to do to make
it work?  Thanks.

Re: OpenJDK support

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for that link.  Here is what I'm getting, using a pretty new
distribution.

java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.1) (6b22-1.10.1-0ubuntu1)

classes:
  [javac16] Compiling 13 source files to
/opt/ofbiz.trunk/framework/security/build/classes
  [javac16] /opt/ofbiz.trunk/framework/security/src/org/ofbiz/security/OFBizSecurity.java:52:
invalid inferred types for V; inferred type does not conform to
declared bound(s)
  [javac16] inferred: java.util.Map<java.lang.String,java.lang.Object>
  [javac16] bound(s): java.util.Map<java.lang.String,java.lang.String>
  [javac16]     protected static final Map<String, Map<String,
String>> simpleRoleEntity = UtilMisc.toMap(
  [javac16]
                                  ^
  [javac16] 1 error

Works with the sun JDK.  I guess it would be nice if it worked with
the distributed JDK.

Re: OpenJDK support

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mike,