Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> on 2007/09/13 19:33:55 UTC

About jackrabbit-classloader

I'm upgrading our application to 1.3.1 and I see a new jar called
"Jackrabbit-classloader". I am not sure if I need this jar because I
don't understand this new jar description. Any helps?
--
Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>

Re: About jackrabbit-classloader

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 9/17/07, Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> wrote:
> Do you mean my own application classes not jackrabbit classes, isn't it?
> So I can use Jackrabbit as a Class Repository.

Exactly.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: About jackrabbit-classloader

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.
El lun, 17-09-2007 a las 11:50 +0300, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On 9/17/07, Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> wrote:
> > There is some documentation? I don't understand this feature.
>
> Not much, there's
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/components/classloader.html and the
> Javadocs of o.a.j.classloader at
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.3/.
>
> Basically the component contains a RepositoryClassLoader class that
> allows you to load your Java classes from jar or class files placed
> inside a content repository. This is useful for example for webapps
> where you may want to deploy new components without having to modify
> the war file or redeploy the entire webapp. You can just store the new
> classes in an underlying content repository and use this component to
> load the classes while the webapp is still running. An added benefit
> is that you can then use all repository features like versioning to
> manage the deployed classes.

Do you mean my own application classes not jackrabbit classes, isn't it?
So I can use Jackrabbit as a Class Repository. Sounds great and perhaps
can use this feature in a future.

Thanks!
--
Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>

Newbie: Jackrabbit on Tomcat

Posted by Stefan Ruf <ru...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I'm trying to use Jackrabbit in a WebApp on a Tomcat 5.0.28 using Eclipse
Sysdeo Plugin.

What do I have to do for creating an new TransientRepository (like in the
Examples) an login to it.

Thanks for your help.

Stefan

Re: About jackrabbit-classloader