Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Steve Kieu <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/25 22:47:58 UTC

Common file upload does not work well with IE 6.0?

Hi,

I am quite new to common file upload so sorry if I am
making silly noise...

I tested my code with IE 6.0 (win200) and it seems
that the upload function does not work well. With
mozilla (linux), Netscape 7.0 (win200) it works as
expected.

Is there any strange/special in coding in order to
work with IE? I have searched through the list archive
and saw nobody has the same problem.

Please help.

Regards

=====
S.KIEU

http://au.movies.yahoo.com

RE: Common file upload does not work well with IE 6.0?

Posted by Steve Kieu <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I have not time to add some debug to find out
messages. Here is the jsp file

Upload survey form: <br><br>
<form action="../FileUploadServ" method=post
enctype="multipart/form-data">
  <input type="file" name='file1' >
  <input type=submit value='Upload'>
</form>
<form action="../FileUploadServ" method=post>
Delete file from server: <br><br>
<input type="text" name="delete" value="file_name">
<input type=submit value='Delete'>
</form>

Attached is the servlet

I found the file name h:\survey3.html in the server
directory instead of survey3.html. Use Netscape or
mozilla it is survey3.html that is what I expect. So
there might be problem with string process somewhere..

Thanks for your reply.

=====

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.co.za>.
I have not had any problems with different browsers so, maybe you can submit
the part of the code that seems to cause the problem in IE. Do you get a
specific error message?

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
web: www.volume4.com

confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party
without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error,
please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original
email. Thank you.

:: I am quite new to common file upload so sorry if I am
:: making silly noise...
::
:: I tested my code with IE 6.0 (win200) and it seems
:: that the upload function does not work well. With
:: mozilla (linux), Netscape 7.0 (win200) it works as
:: expected.
::
:: Is there any strange/special in coding in order to
:: work with IE? I have searched through the list archive
:: and saw nobody has the same problem.
::
:: Please help.
::
:: Regards
::
::
:: =====
:: S.KIEU
::
:: Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
:: http://au.movies.yahoo.com
::
:: For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org