Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "Doran,William" <wl...@drexel.edu> on 2016/09/29 12:06:50 UTC

copies of reservation emails

Hi All,
I’m running VCL 2.4.2 and for some reason I’m getting copies of each user’s reservation email.  The “shadow” address for the management node is empty so I’m not sure what else it could be.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check and/or change to correct this?

Thanks in advance!
-Bill

Re: copies of reservation emails

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Bill,

Is it possible that something on the management node is configured so that
any email going out is also bcc'd to you?  You could test that with just
running this as root:

echo 'test message' | mail -s "test email" <email address not yours>

I couldn't find anything in the code that would seem to allow this to happen.
If you want to have a look, reserved.pm calls the mail function in utils.pm.
The mail function calls get_management_node_info to get a data structure.
get_management_node_info gets the sharedMailBox field from the managementnode
table in the database and sets it as SHARED_EMAIL_BOX.  Back in the mail
function, if SHARED_EMAIL_BOX is set in the management node data structure,
it adds that address as a bcc for the email going out.

Josh

On Friday, September 30, 2016 2:56:53 PM Doran, William wrote:
> Josh,
> No, I haven't made any code or database modifications that should affect
> this, and the users are indeed getting the email notifications (the copy I
> receive is addressed to the proper user and a colleague confirmed he was
> receiving them too).

> -Bill

- --
- -------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

RE: copies of reservation emails

Posted by "Doran,William" <wl...@drexel.edu>.
Josh,

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

RE: copies of reservation emails

Posted by "Doran,William" <wl...@drexel.edu>.
Thanks Josh.  That field has always been empty - I never added an address to it.  Any other suggested things I can check?

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.