Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Jean-Louis.Pasturel" <je...@orange.fr> on 2009/05/01 10:27:15 UTC

Java Request Sample. static initialization

Hi All,
I am a begginner with JMeter and this is my first post to this mailing
list, and  sorry for perhaps faq questions. If it is, let me know.
Is it possible to do static initialisation in a Java Request Sample that
uses the parameters set in  the panel of the the Java Request Sample ?
Or is there a better way with other feature of JMeter ( Pre-processor ?)?
Regards
JL Pasturel

Re: Java Request Sample. static initialization

Posted by "Jean-Louis.Pasturel" <je...@orange.fr>.
Viet : It was what I desired, thanks for the idea.
Regards
JL Pasturel

Posted by viet nguyen <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jean-Louis.Pasturel" <je...@orange.fr>.
sebb a écrit :

>On 05/05/2009, Jean-Louis.Pasturel <je...@orange.fr> wrote:
>

>>sebb a écrit :

>>know.

>>Sample

>>Sample

>>?)?

>>initialisation

>>achieve,

>>be

>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>l'anti-virus

>>instanciates

>>counters,

>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>mail.

>>home

>>randomly.

>>My
>>

>>>Why not use a file of 10 000 000 lines and read them using CSV DataSet?
>>>
>>>Each thread will get the next entry. No need for multiple file
>>>

>>descriptors.

>>Listener,

>>for

>>>See above.

>>proxy

>>of

>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>>

>>jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>

>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

>>>Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
>>>

>>Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.
>>

>> <sebb> Why not use a file of 10 000 000 lines and read them using CSV
>>DataSet?
>>
>> Each thread will get the next entry. No need for multiple file
>>descriptors</sebb>
>>
>> Yes i have look at this feature, but my needs is to avoid the cache effect
>>at Radius server level and Database level, so i have to randomize as more as
>>possible the datas that i inject to my application. Serial reads can allow
>>caching between each stress.
>> Thanks for your advices.
>>

>The data in the CSV data file can be randomised before starting the test.
>
>You can also guarantee uniqueness of the random data more easily if
>you pre-compute it.

For the present use, it doesn't matter that a same data was played by
two  threads in the same time.
If it was not the case, that you said above is a solution.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jean-Louis.Pasturel" <je...@orange.fr>.
sebb a écrit :

>On 04/05/2009, Jean-Louis.Pasturel <je...@orange.fr> wrote:
>

>>sebb a écrit :

>>mailing

>>that

>>?

>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>mail.

>>>The StandardJMeterEngine creates threads; each Sampler instance runs
>>>in a single thread.

>>>No.

>>between

>>>But what are you trying to achieve?

>>>Sorry, not really.

>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>>

>>jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>

>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

>>>Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
>>>

>>Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.
>>

>> Sebb, thanks for the answer about static parameters.
>> What i did, is a java sampler for a non-supported protocol by JMeter (
>>Radius ) with an open source library : Tiny Radius.
>> This protocol is use in Telco to permit authentification of  internet home
>>boxes ( Internet, TV, VOIP ...).
>> I have to handle a datapool of 10 000 000 lines and to pick rows randomly.
>>So each thread has it own file descriptor ( RandomAccessFile instance). My
>>

>Why not use a file of 10 000 000 lines and read them using CSV DataSet?
>
>Each thread will get the next entry. No need for multiple file descriptors.
>

>>Java Sampler runs fine and i can use other features of JMeter ( Listener,
>>trees...).
>> The goal of my initial question was about the best practices to handle, for
>>example, my shared datapool with a random access with JMeter.
>>

>See above.
>

>> Other feature I look for, is IP Spoofing. I have begun to write a TCP proxy
>>"out of the box" that handles IP Spoofing.
>> For  now, I have to solve, in the best way, the problem of the affinity of
>>the session in a transaction or in a conversation ( tracking for example
>>cookies). Certainly by using regexp. Have  you  advices about it ?
>>

>> Regards
>> JL Pasturel

>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>>jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
>Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.

<sebb> Why not use a file of 10 000 000 lines and read them using CSV DataSet?

Each thread will get the next entry. No need for multiple file descriptors</sebb>

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jean-Louis.Pasturel" <je...@orange.fr>.
sebb a écrit :

>On 01/05/2009, Jean-Louis.Pasturel <je...@orange.fr> wrote:
>

>>sebb a écrit :

>>Or is

>>>I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
>>>
>>>The Java Request Sampler is a very basic sampler that allows one to
>>>generate a simple sample response; not sure what static initialisation
>>>has to do with that.
>>>
>>>Please explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to achieve,
>>>and then maybe someone can provide suggestions as to how it might be
>>>done.

>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>>

>>jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>

>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

>>>Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
>>>

>>Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.
>>

>> Sorry,  i agree that I was not very  clear.
>> Exactly i don't know how JMeter and Java  Request Sample instanciates
>>threads.
>>

>The StandardJMeterEngine creates threads; each Sampler instance runs
>in a single thread.
>

>>So i wondering if to use static variables ( not final)  has a sense
>>in a Java  Request Sample.
>>

>No.
>

>> My goal, is to share objects ( with sometimes monitored accesses )  between
>>threads ( for example :  a datapool, read by all the threads, counters,
>>getting a local port not used by others threads ...).
>>

>But what are you trying to achieve?
>

>> Hope  i am more clear ...
>>

>Sorry, not really.
>

>> Regards
>> JL Pasturel

>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>>jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
>Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.

Sebb, thanks for the answer about static parameters.
What i did, is a java sampler for a non-supported protocol by JMeter (
Radius ) with an open source library : Tiny Radius.
This protocol is use in Telco to permit authentification of  internet
home boxes ( Internet, TV, VOIP ...).
I have to handle a datapool of 10 000 000 lines and to pick rows
randomly. So each thread has it own file descriptor ( RandomAccessFile
instance). My Java Sampler runs fine and i can use other features of

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 01/05/2009, Jean-Louis.Pasturel <je...@orange.fr> wrote:
> sebb a écrit :
>

> > On 01/05/2009, Jean-Louis.Pasturel
> <je...@orange.fr> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi All,
> > > I am a begginner with JMeter and this is my first post to this mailing
> > > list, and  sorry for perhaps faq questions. If it is, let me know.
> > > Is it possible to do static initialisation in a Java Request Sample that
> > > uses the parameters set in  the panel of the the Java Request Sample ?
> Or is
> > > there a better way with other feature of JMeter ( Pre-processor ?)?
> > >

> > I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
> >
> > The Java Request Sampler is a very basic sampler that allows one to
> > generate a simple sample response; not sure what static initialisation
> > has to do with that.
> >
> > Please explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to achieve,
> > and then maybe someone can provide suggestions as to how it might be
> > done.
> >

> > > Regards
> > > JL Pasturel

> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > > jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

> > Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
> >

>  Sorry,  i agree that I was not very  clear.
>  Exactly i don't know how JMeter and Java  Request Sample instanciates
> threads.

The StandardJMeterEngine creates threads; each Sampler instance runs
in a single thread.

> So i wondering if to use static variables ( not final)  has a sense
> in a Java  Request Sample.

No.

>  My goal, is to share objects ( with sometimes monitored accesses )  between
> threads ( for example :  a datapool, read by all the threads, counters,
> getting a local port not used by others threads ...).

But what are you trying to achieve?

>  Hope  i am more clear ...

Sorry, not really.

Posted by "Jean-Louis.Pasturel" <je...@orange.fr>.
sebb a écrit :

>On 01/05/2009, Jean-Louis.Pasturel <je...@orange.fr> wrote:
>

>>Hi All,
>> I am a begginner with JMeter and this is my first post to this mailing
>>list, and  sorry for perhaps faq questions. If it is, let me know.
>> Is it possible to do static initialisation in a Java Request Sample that
>>uses the parameters set in  the panel of the the Java Request Sample ? Or is
>>there a better way with other feature of JMeter ( Pre-processor ?)?
>>

>I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
>
>The Java Request Sampler is a very basic sampler that allows one to
>generate a simple sample response; not sure what static initialisation
>has to do with that.
>
>Please explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to achieve,
>and then maybe someone can provide suggestions as to how it might be
>done.
>

>> Regards
>> JL Pasturel

>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>>jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

>Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
>Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.

Sorry,  i agree that I was not very  clear.
Exactly i don't know how JMeter and Java  Request Sample instanciates
threads. So i wondering if to use static variables ( not final)  has a

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.