Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Xiaofan Zhou <Xi...@businessobjects.com> on 2005/11/20 21:46:41 UTC

compilation errors in my application using Xerces-c

Hi, All,

I am having issues compile my application in which I use Xerces-c
package. Here is what I do:

First, my environment is Microsoft Visual C++ version 7.1.

I first build the Xerces-c project (version 2.7) together with ICU
(version 2.8) using the build script packageBinaries.pl in my windows
command line, I used the command:

> perl packageBinaries.pl -s c:\xerces-c-src2_7_0 -o
c:\temp\xerces-c2_7_0-win32 -t icu -x VC7.1

 Everything seems fine and I got the dlls and library files created.

I then copied the dlls and libraries (xerces-c_2_7.dll,
xerces-c_2_7D.dll, xerces-c_2.lib, xerces-c_2D.lib, icuuc.lib,
icuucd.lib) to my application lib fold.

Now, in my Visual C++ solution (my application), I changed the
properties in the various projects like Additional Include Directories
to include the path to the Xerces include files if the project uses the
Xerces-c functionalities.

Now I try to compile individul source files one by one. It seems that I
can compile most of my c++ files fine, but I found that in order for
these files to be compiled, I have to put XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_USE in
some of the header files, and sometimes I have to use
XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_QUALIFIER for some variables.

And even so, I still can not compile some of the files. Here are two of
compilation errors:

(1) x:\inc\options\options.h(13): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include

file: 'dom/DOM.hpp': No such file or directory

(2) c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\MsXml.h(9594): fatal error C1001: INTERNAL
COMPILER ERROR

(compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701)

Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++

Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

==========

 Can anyone gives me some advices on this?

 Thanks much in advance.

Frank

Re: compilation errors in my application using Xerces-c

Posted by Saurabh N Bhatnagar <sa...@oracle.com>.
Hi
Guess,
You need to copy the "include" folder under xerces to your application or add it's path to your project.
This folder contains wuite a few generated headers (*.hpp) etc.

warm regards
Saurabh