Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/03 14:29:11 UTC

Re: Race Condition at Grid Startup

Hi Yakov,

Since I've never heard from Ignite Devs as to whether they intended to allow
the user to control when Ignite performed its Node discovery process, I went
ahead and refactored my code-base.

I now postpone starting Ignite until after the system has started and can
respond to its Health Checks and, thus, allow Consul to report the List of
registered Nodes.

I had to also allow the Ignite caches to be configured and wired up in the
IOC system, but not started until after Ignite.start is called.

With these changes, I am able to use Consul for service discovery of the
Ignite Nodes.

I do still believe that Ignite will be better served by allowing the user to
choose when to execute the discovery process -- and to also re-execute the
discovery process -- but my immediate problem is solved with my workaround.

Thanks,
-- Chris