Posted to m2-dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/06/06 03:30:04 UTC

little release

Howdy,

This is an uncerimonious pre-alpha release. Here's the site:

http://www.apache.org/~jvanzyl/m2/docs/

This is really for Rafal and Jeff you want to try the xdoc plugin stuff.
I tossed in the apt stuff as well. I really like writing doco in text
format. The apt guide is here:

http://www.xmlmind.com/_aptconvert/docs/userguidetoc.html

If you want to generate apt docs with the bundle pointed at in the
"install guide" (in quotes because it's 4 lines line and will more than
likely require you not to be a typical OSS whiner and complain at the
first burp) then you need to put the apt doco in:

${project.home}/docs/apt

m2 apt xdoc

Will flip your apt doco into xdoc and then xdoc will render them.

Expect this to be broken in everyway possible but I figure I'll toss
this out as feedback will be gobbled up: in the next two weeks I'll fix
anything anyone tosses at me.

There will also shortly be a v3 -> v4 converter as m2 expects v4 poms so
this bundle might not work for anyone but the doco stuff might work.

Anyway that's what you get. I'll probably try to drop a bundle and from
this drop here I'll keep a changes.apt doc to register all the fixes.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org