Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Sandeep@I2IT" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/18 11:29:30 UTC

In JMS can we have multiple senders and single receiver

Hello All,
   In my application i have two types of user A & B. Now what i want to
alert the user B whenever A performs some action through mail. So for 100%
delivery of  messages i am using JMS ActiveMQ. My Requirement is before
directly sending request to mail server first i want to check whether it is
up&running or not, If it is running then only send mails otherwise Queue
those messages in JMS later when server up's then collect those messages
from JMS Queue and send them to mail server.
  I m doing it in follwing way

1-> My Action will send message to a queue
2-> A consumer Action is listning to that queue.
3-> Consumer first chks whether the smtp server is up or not.
4-> If it is up then it receives messages and sends it.
5-> if smtp is not up it does nothing.

What i am missing ?

Through queue i m able to send a single message only, but i want multiple
messages to be sent

How to resume consumer program when smtp server ups?

Re: In JMS can we have multiple senders and single receiver

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
can you post your consumer code?

On 18 March 2010 10:29, Sandeep@I2IT <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>   In my application i have two types of user A & B. Now what i want to
> alert the user B whenever A performs some action through mail. So for 100%
> delivery of  messages i am using JMS ActiveMQ. My Requirement is before
> directly sending request to mail server first i want to check whether it is
> up&running or not, If it is running then only send mails otherwise Queue
> those messages in JMS later when server up's then collect those messages
> from JMS Queue and send them to mail server.
>  I m doing it in follwing way
>
> 1-> My Action will send message to a queue
> 2-> A consumer Action is listning to that queue.
> 3-> Consumer first chks whether the smtp server is up or not.
> 4-> If it is up then it receives messages and sends it.
> 5-> if smtp is not up it does nothing.
>
> What i am missing ?
>
> Through queue i m able to send a single message only, but i want multiple
> messages to be sent
>
> How to resume consumer program when smtp server ups?

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com