Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Brian Matzon <ma...@certus.dk> on 2010/01/28 12:31:02 UTC

Unable to install xmlrpc-client, bad organisation

Trying to install:
   org.apache.xmlrpc
   xmlrpc-client
   3.1

pom seems to be retrieved, but then it fails with:

[ivy:install] :::: ERRORS
[ivy:install]           external: bad organisation found in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom:
expected='org.apache' found='apache'

I saw someone having a similar issue and fixing it by adding a rule to
the namespaces section. But adding a rule for all of the modules that
fail seems like a silly fix?

Full log:

[ivy:install] :: installing org.apache.xmlrpc#xmlrpc-client#trunk;3.1 ::
[ivy:install] :: resolving dependencies ::
[ivy:install] resolving dependencies for configuration 'default'
[ivy:install] == resolving dependencies for apache#ivy-install#trunk;1.0
[default]
[ivy:install] == resolving dependencies
apache#ivy-install#trunk;1.0->org.apache.xmlrpc#xmlrpc-client#trunk;3.1
[default->*]
[ivy:install]           tried
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-client/3.1/xmlrpc-client-3.1.pom
[ivy:install] using commons httpclient 3.x helper
[ivy:install]   external: found md file for
org.apache.xmlrpc#xmlrpc-client#trunk;3.1
[ivy:install]           =>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-client/3.1/xmlrpc-client-3.1.pom
(3.1)
[ivy:install] downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-client/3.1/xmlrpc-client-3.1.pom
[ivy:install]   external: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-client/3.1/xmlrpc-client-3.1.pom
[ivy:install]   external: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-client/3.1/xmlrpc-client-3.1.pom.sha1
[ivy:install] sha1 OK for
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-client/3.1/xmlrpc-client-3.1.pom
[ivy:install]   [SUCCESSFUL ]
org.apache.xmlrpc#xmlrpc-client#trunk;3.1!xmlrpc-client.pom(pom.original) (1187ms)
[ivy:install]           tried
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc/3.1/xmlrpc-3.1.pom
[ivy:install]   external: found md file for
org.apache.xmlrpc#xmlrpc#trunk;3.1
[ivy:install]           =>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc/3.1/xmlrpc-3.1.pom (3.1)
[ivy:install] downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc/3.1/xmlrpc-3.1.pom ...
[ivy:install]   external: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc/3.1/xmlrpc-3.1.pom
[ivy:install]   external: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc/3.1/xmlrpc-3.1.pom.sha1
[ivy:install] sha1 OK for
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc/3.1/xmlrpc-3.1.pom
[ivy:install]   [SUCCESSFUL ]
org.apache.xmlrpc#xmlrpc#trunk;3.1!xmlrpc.pom(pom.original) (1641ms)
[ivy:install]           tried
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom
[ivy:install]   external: found md file for apache#apache#trunk;4
[ivy:install]           =>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom (4)
[ivy:install] downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom ...
[ivy:install]   external: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom
[ivy:install]   external: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom.sha1
[ivy:install] sha1 OK for
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom
[ivy:install]   [SUCCESSFUL ]
apache#apache#trunk;4!apache.pom(pom.original) (1156ms)
[ivy:install]           tried
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.jar
[ivy:install] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found
url=http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.jar
[ivy:install] ERROR:    external: bad organisation found in

--
Brian Matzon
Certus

The content of this e-mail, together with any of its attachments, is for the exclusive and confidential use of the named addressee(s) and it may contain legally privileged and confidential information and/or copyrighted material. Any other distribution, use or reproduction without the sender's prior consent is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have by coincidence, mistake or without specific authorization received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by e-mail immediately, uphold strict confidentiality and neither read, copy, transfer, disseminate, disclose nor otherwise make use of its content in any way and delete the material from your computer.

The content of the e-mail and its attachments is the liability of the individual sender, if it does not relate to the affairs of Certus.
Certus does not assume any civil or criminal liability should the e-mail or it´s attachments be virus infected.

Re: Unable to install xmlrpc-client, bad organisation

Posted by Brian Matzon <ma...@certus.dk>.
On 28-01-2010 14:15, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> It worked fine here
>
> [ivy:resolve] downloading
> http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public/org/apache/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-client/3.1/xmlrpc-client-3.1.
> jar ...
> [ivy:resolve] .. (44kB)
> [ivy:resolve] .. (0kB)
> [ivy:resolve]   [SUCCESSFUL ]
> org.apache.xmlrpc#xmlrpc-client;3.1!xmlrpc-client.jar (172ms)
>

> <dependency org="org.apache.xmlrpc" name="xmlrpc-client" rev="3.1"
> conf="compile->default" />

I am using ivy:install, not sure if that makes any difference.
Other than that, you do not appear to be getting the file from the
public maven library.
Furthermore I am also using the rules from:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/tutorial/build-repository/advanced.html

Posted by Claudio Miranda <cl...@claudius.com.br>.
It worked fine here

Brian Matzon wrote:

> [...]
> [ivy:install]           =>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom (4)
> [ivy:install] downloading
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom ...
> [ivy:install]   external: downloading
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom
> [ivy:install]   external: downloading
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom.sha1
> [ivy:install] sha1 OK for
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom
> [ivy:install]   [SUCCESSFUL ]
> apache#apache#trunk;4!apache.pom(pom.original) (1156ms)
> [ivy:install]           tried
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.jar
> [ivy:install] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found
> url=http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.jar
> [ivy:install] ERROR:    external: bad organisation found in

-----
Claudio Miranda
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/claudio
http://www.claudius.com.br/blog