Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Steven Walker <st...@sdssoftware.com> on 2006/05/01 21:36:17 UTC

how to require closing the portlet before navigate away

Hello,
  I would like to create a portlet that requires an action before the
user is allowed to select any other tabs, breadcrumb trail item, or any
link at all.

  The ChangePasswordPortlet has this functionality when a user must
change their password.

  One detail is that my portlet "extends javax.portlet.GenericPortlet"
but the ChangePasswordPortlet "public extends GenericServletPortlet ".
Is the wanted feature a part of GenericServletPortlet?

  I wish the GenericPortlet "public void destroy()" had an option to
Cancel.

  Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks,

Steven Walker

Re: how to require closing the portlet before navigate away

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
Firstly, do *not* call destroy. That is only to be called by the
portal container.

What you are asking for is certainly not part of the spec and I doubt
anything like that will get implemented.

I'm pretty sure that the enforcement of the change password is done
via the portal pipeline or a valve or something like that anyway (ie.
there isn't any code in the change password portlet that causes this
to happen).