Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Price <cp...@its.to> on 2006/08/23 06:24:51 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_deflate questions

	Hey all;

	I have some questions about mod_deflate;

	Specifically, in my 8 years of using apache, I had never heard of it
until a few weeks ago. Google shows plenty of howto implement and man
page sites, but few 'mod_deflate is soo good it saved my marriage' type
of testimonials. Given the significant savings in bandwidth that *seem*
to go with mod_deflate I am wondering why I have never heard of it - it
seems too good to be true.

	Would someone please be so kind as to post a broef summary of strengths
and weaknesses of mod_deflate? Browser incompatibility, issues with
nat/proxies, etc... My spidey sense is telling me that something isnt
quite right here...

	Cheers and TIA,

	Chris

Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate questions

Posted by Chris Price <cp...@its.to>.

	Once again my many thanks to Joshua for providing concise and extremely
informative responses on this list.

Joshua; Its people like you that make open-source communities *work*.

	Cheers from Calgary,

	Chris Price

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.